Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Letters

September SNAPS 2014 - Day 16 - LETTERS
When I was growing up, Sunday night was reserved as "LETTER-writing night" for my mother.  For as long as I can remember, she wrote a "round robin" stylet letter to her siblings each Sunday night, as well as LETTERS to her parents and my dad's parents.  We we kids went off to college, she added each of us into her weekly routine.   We always knew that there would be a LETTER in our mailboxes every Tuesday.  (these are just SOME of the letters I received)
It wasn't until MUCH later that I realized she also kept every letter that I wrote back to them--she gave them to me in a hand-made wooden chest for Christmas one year.  

Letter-writing is somewhat of a lost art, with most of us preferring the instant gratification of texts or emails to the almost obsolete "snail mail".  What kind of LETTERS capture your attention today?
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature