Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Fall Memory

Fall FUN 2014 - Day 29 - FALL MEMORY
I have several fun FALL MEMORIES--some from my girls' childhoods and some from my own. I remember raking leaves into big piles, shaping them into forts and having leaf battles with my brothers.  I remember LOTS of games of "tag football" in the backyard with neighborhood friends (one in particular that ended with a pair of teeth in my scalp and a bit of blood on both of us).  And I have some vague memories of trick-or-treating with my brothers.  The only costume I really remember was the year I was a "hobo", when I was about 6 or 7 years old.

But, I remember almost every detail of my own children's costumes, whether it be for Trick-or-Treating or for a school play.  There was a witch, Dorothy, a Madeline, clown, a candy fairy, Laura Wilder (from Little House on the Prairie), a jester . . . the list goes on and on.   In fact, I still have many of them.  The one pictured below is from Jana's 3rd grade Halloween play---as you can tell from her sign, she was Mrs. Pumpkin Eater.
What is your favorite FALL MEMORY?   Is there a something today that brings it all back to you like it was just yesterday?  Or maybe you can capture something today that will become a FALL MEMORY in the future.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature