Thursday, October 23, 2014

Harvest

Fall FUN 2014 - Day 23 - HARVEST
This summer, I planted my first garden.  I can't tell you how fun it has been to plant things and watch the grow from seeds.  As the seeds broke through the ground, I was so excited.

When they grew a little more and developed leaves.  I took pictures.
As the peas needed staking, I worked to keep them wrapped around the twine.
And then came the first HARVEST.
Yes, I know it was small in comparison to some, but it just made my day.

This time of year, always reminds me of the trips to the cotton fields I took as a child, and when the girls were young.  Riding in a trailer full of freshly HARVESTED cotton was a memory I will never forget.  (I even remember losing a beautiful "diamond" ring---a gift from my brother from the gumball machine-- in one of those trailers full of cotton).  

What memories do you have of HARVEST?   Is there something in your area that is being HARVESTED right now?
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature