Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Masked

Fall FUN 2014 - Day 22 - MASKED
Last Fall, I asked the grandkids what they would like to be for Halloween and offered to make their costumes for them.  Adellelyn wanted to be a black cat and Michael wanted to be Spiderman.  Yes, I know you can buy those costumes at the store, but I always loved making costumes for Jana and Callie when they were growing up and love the look of handmade costumes.   Adellelyn's was easy---tutu, gloves, leotard, ears, tail, etc.   Without a pattern available for Michael's, it was a little more challenging.  I adapted one to work for Spiderman and then discovered that he wanted to be completely MASKED---with a covered face.   With him living 250 miles away, I had to guess on the sizing for something like that and the first try, I guessed wrong.   So, it was back to the drawing board.  I was able to come up with something that fit and MASKED his face as well and they loved them.  
Finding someone MASKED may be a little bit tricky, but use your imagination and see what you can find.  Is there an pet in your house that looks like he's wearing a MASK?  Or perhaps there is some home project that requires MASKING?
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature