Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Nuts

Fall FUN 2014 - Day 14 - NUTS
Around here, the pecan tree branches are getting heavy and the NUTS are dropping to the ground.  See the pecans on the sidewalks in my neighborhood make me think of my next-door neighbor, John.  Retired from the Air Force, John's hobby was yard work and gardening.  While I'm quite sure he often wanted to shake his head at what he saw across our shared fence, instead he was always supportive and offered tips and tools to make the job easier.  Each Christmas, he arrived at my door with a huge brown paper bag full of pecans.  He'd pick up the NUTS and have them cracked for me so that all I had to do was shell them.  John passed away earlier this year, but I will smile each time I pick up NUTS this year and remember my good neighbor and friend.
Do you have nuts in your neighborhood or do you purchase them at the store?  Do they conjure up any memories for you?

We're almost halfway through the month now.  It's been a really busy time for many of us, but I hope that taking the time to snap a picture or to look through the photos of others helps to relieve the stress a little for you.
Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature