Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Bucket List Check-Off

I suspect that everyone has some sort of bucket list, whether or not it is actually written down.     I've been able to check off a couple of items on my list in the last few years---a trip to Alaska, a watercolor class, learning photography.  Tonight, I had the opportunity to check off yet another item. I joined several friends and took an introductory stained glass class.
It was SOOOO fun!  After a tour of the studio and some basic safety information, Eric taught us how to begin the process.
We learned how to apply copper foil
and then to use a soldering iron and lead to fuse the pieces together.   This was slightly terrifying at first, but I was beginning to get the hang of it by the end of the project.
We ended up with pretty cool sun catchers--mine with an etched fleur de lis.
I loved every bit of this class and hope to be able to take a few more classes to learn how to cut the glass and make a more elaborate design with colored glass.



Be First to Post Comment !

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature